- 200 gram flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 125 gram margarine, cut in small
- 25 ml water
- ½ chicken
- 1 Tbs. margarine or butter
- 50 gram chopped onions
- 6 shallots, minced
- 1½ tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbs. cornflour
- Mix the flour, salt and margarine
together. Add the water slowly while mixing the dough.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of
about 2mm and cut out circles with a diameter of 12 cm.
- Put 1½ Tbs. of the stuffing in the
middle of each circle of dough. Fold in a halfmon form and pinch close.
- Deep-fry until curry puffs are golden
- Boil the chicken until it's half done.
Bone and shred the meat. Set aside 125 ml of the broth.
- Heat the margarine/butter and saute
the onions and shallots until fragrant. Add curry powder, pepper and salt.
Continue cooking until the chicken is done. Finally, add the cornflour that
has been dissolved in 1 Tbs. water . Remove and set aside.
Makes 12 curry puffs.