- 75 gram margarine/butter
- 250 ml water
- 150 gram flour, sifted
- 100 gram sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 450 ml thick santan from 1 coconut
- 100 gram raisins
- ½ of a young coconut, the flesh
scraped out in thin slivers
- Melt the margarine/butter in the
water, add the flour and blend it until smooth. Add the sugar, salt and vanilla.
When the batter is well blended, take off the fire and cool down.
- Break the eggs one by one into the
batter, beating well after each addition. Add the santan (coconut milk) little by
little and beat until batter is smooth.
- Heat the mud cake molds, oil them
and fill them ¾ full. Cover with their heated kuds and cook until they are half
done. Open the lids and cook until they are half done. Open the lids and
scatter a few raisins and coconut slivers on top.
- Cover again and continue cooking for
about 5 minutes. Unmold and serve
Makes 26 cakes