Stuffed Pancake Roll
- 2 cups fresh-grated coconut
- 10 Tbs. grated Java dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 3-inch cinnamon stick, broken in
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Mix the grated coconut, grated Java
dark brown sugar and granulated sugar, cinnamon and ½ tsp.salt together.
- Fry the mixture in a dry pan over
medium/low heat, constantly stirred for approximately 5 minutes, or until the mixture is
- Remove the cinnamon stick, and set
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1¾ cups coconut milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 drops green food coloring
- Vegetables oil
- Mix the rice flour, cornstarch,
coconut milk, ½ tsp. salt, green food coloring and egg into a smooth batter.
- Lightly oil an 8-inch frying pan,
and pour 3 tablespoon of the batter into the pan. Make sure the pan is equally covered
with the batter so it becomes a thin layer pancake. Fry for one minute, turn the pancake
over and fry for another minute. Remove and set aside.
- Place 2 Tbs. of the coconut mixture
on the near edge of the pancake. Fold over once, then tuck in the left and the right sides
and fold over once more. Press gently to distribute the filling evenly.
- Serve at room temperature.
Makes 10-12 servings.