- 1 lb. boneless beef chuck
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. tamarind, dissolved in 1 Tbs.
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. coriander
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Place the beef chuck in a large pot
filled with 2 cups of water. Boil the beef until its tender. It is approximately
- Remove the beef and cut into 2-inch
squares. Pound each piece of beef slightly to tenderize and flatten it.
- Prepare a paste of the tamarind
liquid, sugar, salt, garlic and coriander and put the paste into the pot filled with the
left over liquid. Stir the liquid.
- Place the beef squares back into the
pot and boil it again until the liquid or sauce becomes thickened.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry
the beef squares over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, or until the beef is brown
and soft/crisp. Drain on paper towels.
Makes 4 servings.