- 1 boneless chicken breast, cut into
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground clove
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup water
- Put the chicken, shallots, pepper,
nutmeg, clove, salt, sweet soy sauce and tomato ketchup to the beaten egg. Mix well.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, and
over medium heat, add the chicken mixture. Fry for three minutes, add the water and cook
for ten minutes more.
- When done, the sauce will have
thickened and the flavors will have been distributed. The Lapis is eaten with an
assortment of boiled vegetables, such as carrots, green peas, sliced potatoes and string
beans. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Makes 4 servings, with other