- 2 chicken breast
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- Bamboo skewers
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. coriander
- ½ inch turmeric
- 1 tsp. tamarind sauce (1 Tbs. tamarind dissolved in 1
- 1 Tbs. palm sugar
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and
set it aside in a bowl.
- Using a mortar and pestle or food
processor, blend the garlic, shallots, coriander, turmeric, tamarind sauce, salt and palm
sugar to form a paste.
- Pour the vegetable oil and the
blended ingredients into the bowl filled with chicken breast cubes.
- Mixed them well and set it aside for
half an hour so that the chicken will absorb the paste.
- Put 4-5 pieces of chicken cubes on
- Grill the chicken satay on both
sides until well done.
- Put chicken satay on a plate and
pour the peanut sauce and fried shallots on top.
- Chicken satay is commonly served
with Rice Rolls (Lontong).