- 1 chicken, non-broiler (2 pieces of
breasts and 2 pieces of thighs)
- 4 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp. coriander seeds
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- 6 candlenuts
- 2 salam leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 2 cm lengkuas (galangal)
- 4 lime leaves (jeruk purut)
- 1½ lt. coconut milk (santan)
- 1 Tbs. sweet soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry coriander and cumin seeds
(without oil then grind them with shallots, garlic, candlenuts, lemongrass stalk and
lengkuas until fine.
- Fry the chicken and the spices until
fragrant, then stir evenly. Add salam leaves, lime leaves, coconut milk, salt and pepper
to taste. After the coconut milk shrinks take the chicken out. Finally, smear the chicken
with sweet ketchup then grill it until even.
- Ready to serve
Makes 3-4 servings.