(Ayam Bumbu Rujak)
- 3½ lb. young chicken, cut into
- ¼ cup sliced shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tsp. crushed dried red hot chili
- 5 candlenut, crushed
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 Tbs. Vegetable oil
- 1 thick slice ginger
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- Blend the shallots, garlic, chili,
candlenut, salt and sugar with ¼ cup of the coconut milk into a paste.
- Heat the oil in a wok and sauté the
paste for a minute or two until you can smell the aroma.
- Place the chicken, ginger and lemon
grass into the wok and stir fry for five minutes or more over medium heat. Then add the
rest of the coconut milk, and let it cook for forty five minutes, stir the chicken
- It is ready to be served if the
sauce is somewhat thickened and the chicken should be tender.
Makes 4-6 servings.