Padang Style Fried
(Ayam Goreng Padang)
- 1 young chicken
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 (1 cm each) galangal, soaked in water for 1 hour
- Vegetables oil for deep frying
Spice Paste Ingredients:
- 4 small shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. sliced fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- salt to taste
- Grind all spice ingredients to form
a smooth paste. Then add the beaten eggs and mix well.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken with the
spice paste and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the
chicken with galangal slices and lime leaves over medium high heat for approximately 10
minutes or until the chicken color turns to brown.
- Scoop out the chicken and the sauce
that look like shredded coconut and drain the oil briefly on paper towels.
- Serve warm.
Makes 3-4 servings.
Geography: Padang, Sumatra.