- 300 gr chicken
- 200 gr rice
- 1 liter water
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 2 pieces cakwe, finely sliced
- fried shallots slivers
- finely sliced spring onions
- Simmer chicken in water to cover
until tender with some salt. Fry the chicken, debone and shred the meat.
- Reserve 2 liter of the chicken
- Wash and drain the rice. Boil
in 1 liter water until grains are tender to the bite. Add the chicken broth.
Bring to a simmer and continue simmering at low heat until porridge is ready and
there is no separation of liquid and rice. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve porridge in deep bowls.
Garnish with the cakwe, shredded chicken, fried shallot slivers and sliced spring
onions. Add drops of light soy to taste.
- Serve garlic chili sauce on the
Makes 6 servings
- Cakwe is a savory roll that can be
purchased in Chinese markets.
- For added nutrition, a raw egg yolk
can be added on the top of the hot porridge.