Fried Rice with
(Nasi Goreng Petai)
- 5 Tbs. Vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. sweet soy sauce
- 1 pod of petai beans, peeled and
each bean sliced in four pieces
- cold steamed rice from 750 gr. rice
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cabbage leaves, shredded
- 5 red chilies
- 6 small shallots
- 4 cloves garlice
- 1 tsp. shrimp paste (terasi)
- 6 petai beans
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil, fry the spice paste
- Add the sweet soy sauce and the
- Stir-fry until well blended.
- Add the rice and continue stirring
until everything is well blended and heated. Remove.
- Serve the rice on oval plates an
garnish with fried shallots on tops. Put the sliced tomatoes, slivers shredded
cabbage around the rice.
- You can also have sunny side up eggs
with the fried rice as well if preferred.
Makes 8-10 servings.