Minced Seafood Satay
- 10 oz skinned boneless snapper
fillet or other firm white fish
- 10 oz raw shrimp, peeled
- 2 cups freshly grated coconut, or
1½ cups dried unsweetened coconut, moistened
- ½ cup spice paste for seafood
- 5 fragrant lime leaves, cut in fine
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns, finely
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3-5 green birds eye chilies,
very finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- Lemongrass, cut in 6-inch length, or
- Combine fish with shrimp and mince
very finely in a food processor or with a chopper. Add all other ingredients, except
lemongrass and mix well.
- Mold a heaped tablespoonful of this
mixture around a bamboo skewer or over trimmed stalks of lemongrass and grill over
charchoal until golden brown.
Helpful hints: It is
important to use only fresh shrimp and fish for this particular dish.
Make 4-6 servings.