Spicy Tuna Salad
(Sambel Be Tongkol)
- 4 fresh tuna steaks, weighing 3-4
ounces each (can be substituted with canned tuna chunks)
- ¼ cup spice paste for seafood
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black
- 1 Tbs. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 1 cup Sambal Matah
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fried shallots to garnish
- Season fresh tuna steaks with
seafood spice paste, salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Heat oil in frying pan and cook tuna
steaks for 3 minutes on each side over high heat. Do not overcook. Set aside and allow to
cool down, then break the tuna into small chunks. Place in salad bowl.
- Add Shallot & Lemongrass Chili
Sauce (Sambal Matah) and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
and garnish with fried shallots. Serve at room temperature with steamed rice.
Note: Any other firm, well-flavored
fresh fish such as snapper, sea bass or salmon, can be substituted for tuna.
Make 4-6 servings.