Yellow Squash Soup
(Sayur Labu Kuning)
- 1 lb. yellow squash, chopped into
1½ cm square
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 50 gram dried shrimp, washed and
grind coarsely (optional)
- 1 Tbs. fish sauce
- 4 cups light coconut milk (mixed
with lots of water)
- 1 cup heavy coconut milk
- 50 gram basil leaves
- Salt to taste
Spice Paste Ingredients:
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 4 red chilies
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- 1 Tbs. ground lemongrass
- ¼ tsp. shrimp paste
- 6 small-sized shallots
- Pour the lime juice over the chopped
squash. Let it stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Put the light coconut milk in a
heavy stockpot and bring it to a boil. Pour dried shrimp and spice paste (grind all
spice ingredients finely).
- Put in the squash into the
mixture. Let the squash half-cooked and then pour in the heavy coconut milk.
Stir for a few times until cooked.
- Last, put in the fish sauce and
- Before serving, put in the basil
Makes 5-6 servings.