Crispy Fried Tempe
- 600 gram tempe (fermented soybean
cake) - not tofu
- 200 ml water
- ½ tsp. slaked lime water
- 100 gr. rice flour mixed with
25 gram cornstarch
- vegetable oil
Spice Paste Ingredients:
- Slice the tempe in thin 3½ x 5 cm
squares. Set aside.
- Mix the spice-paste together with
the water and slaked lime water. Add the rice flour and cornstarch and blend till
- Heat the oil in a wok, dip the tempe
in the batter and deep-fry until it is golden brown and crisp.
Note: Make sure that the oil is not to hot,
otherwise the batter and the tempe will not be done at the same time.
Makes 5-6 servings.