Fresh Salad With
- 1 fresh red or green semihot chili,
cut into thin slices
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 small slices kencur, soaked in
water for thirty minutes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon tamarind, dissolved in 1
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup thin-sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup lettuce, broken into bite-size
- Crush the chili, garlic, salt,
kencur and peanut butter in a mortar so itll become the sauce of the dish.
- Add the tamarind liquid and sugar.
- Toss the sauce with the vegetables
until well mixed. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Makes 4 servings, with other