- 1 lb. purple eggplants
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 15 Tbs. vegetable oil
Spice Paste Ingredients:
- 100 gram red chilies
- ˝ tsp. salt
- 1 tomato
- ˝ tsp. shrimp paste
- 7 small-sized shallots
- Cut each eggplant in half and cut
again in 2 or 4 pieces.
- Heat 10 Tbs. oil and deep fry the
eggplant pieces. Cover the wok and let it stand for a while.
- Open cover and turn the eggplants
side to side until soft and well cooked.
- Put eggplant pieces onto a serving
- Combine all spice paste ingredients
and grind coarsely.
- Heat 5 Tbs. oil over medium high
heat and sauté the spice paste for about 2 minutes. Pour the lime juice over the
- Then, lastly pour the sauted spice
paste onto the eggplant pieces and ready to serve.
Makes 5-6 servings.