Spicy Stir Fried
(Sambel Goreng Buncis)
- ¼ cup sliced shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 semihot red or green chili, sliced
- 2 Tbs. vegetables oil
- 1 lb. string beans, cut diagonally
into ¼-inch slices
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- ¼ tsp. shrimp sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. tamarind, dissolved in 1 Tbs.
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 pieces laos/galingale
- 2 cups cubed tomatoes
- Heat oil in a wok. Stir fry
shallots, garlic and chilied over medium heat for approximately 2 minutes. Add the string
beans, and stir well for additional 2 minutes.
- Then add all the other ingredients
and stir well for another 5 minutes, or until the string beans are soft but still crunchy.
Makes 5 servings.