- 250 gram (8 oz) plain flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 160 gram (5¼ oz) unsalted butter,
at room temperature
- 230 gram (7¼ oz) soft light brown
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to warm 170ºC
(325°F). Grease and flour a loaf tin, about 23 x13 x 6 cm (9 x 5 x 2½ inches).
- Sift together the flour, baking
pwder, nutmeg and ½ tsp. salt into a bowl. Beat the butter and sugar together until
light and creamy. Use an electric mixer, electric hand beater or a wooden spoon.
Gradually beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the mashed banana and mix until
well combined. Add the sifted flour and mixed until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin
and bake in the upper half of the oven for about 45 minutes, or until the top is colored
and the sides are beginning to pull away from the pan. Cover the top of the cake
loosely with foil if it starts to darken quickly. A skewer inserted into the center
should come out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before
removing from the tin and cooling on a wire rack
Makes 6-8 servings.