- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly fround pepper
- 2 chicken (3 lb. each), cut up
- 1-1/2 cup vegetables oil for deep
- Place the buttermilk in a shallow
dish. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a plastic or paper bag. Dip the
chicken pieces in the buttermilk. Place one or two pieces at a time in the bag;
shake to coat.
- In a large deep frying pan, heat the
oil over medium-high heat. Deep fry the chicken pieces, turning frequently, until
brown and crisp. This may take approximately 20-25 minutes. Drain on paper
towels before servings
Makes 8 servings.