Beef Curry in Sweet Peanut Sauce
- 1 lb. beef, cut into thin strips
- 3 Tbs. red curry paste
- 6 fresh or dry kaffir lime leaves (halved)
- ½ cup sweet basil leaves (horapha)
- 1 fresh chili (seeded and cut into
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbs. palm sugar
- 2½ Tbs. fish sauce
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup ground roasted peanuts
- Put the
coconut milk into medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat, add the curry paste and slowly
bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Put in beef
strips and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the rest
of the ingredients except for the sweet basil and fresh chili. Add this to the curried
beef, and simmer about 15 minutes. Add the sweet basil and fresh chili, stir well, and
remove from the heat.
- Ready to serve. It is best
served with steamed rice.
Make 4-5 servings.