Sour and Spicy Prawn Soup
(Tom Yam Kung)
- 6 large prawns
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 5-6 hot chilies, broken with pestle
- 2-3 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 5 slices galangal
- 1 lemongrass stem, cut into short sections
- 2 coriander plants, chopped caorsely
- 4 Tbs. lime juice
- 3 Tbs. fish sauce
- ½ lb. mushrooms, halved
Make 3-4 servings.
- Shell and devein the prawns; then wash them thoroughly.
- Heat the stock and bring to a boil. Add the lemongrass, galangal,
and prawns; season to taste with lime juice, chilies, and fish sauce. Add kaffir lime
leaves, chopped coriander and mushrooms. Remove from hear, and serve hot.