Yellow Curry Paste
(Nam Phrik Kaeng Ka-ri)
- 3 dried chilies, soaked in hot
water for 15 minutes and deseeded
- 3 Tbs. chopped shallots
- 1 Tbs. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. chopped ginger
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 Tbs. chopped lemongrass
- 1 tsp. shrimp paste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- In a wok over low heat, put the
shallots, garlic, ginger, coriander seeds and cumin seeds and dry fry for about 5 minutes,
then grind into a powder.
- Into a blender, put the rest of the
ingredients and blend to mix well. Add the shallot-garlic-ginger-coriander seed-cumin seed
mixture and blend again to obtain about ½ cup of a fine-textured paste.
- This can be stored in a glass jar in
the refrigerator for about 3-4 months.